Thursday, July 7, 2011

Real Housewives of Tuscaloosa County...

Or something like that.

One of our goals this lovely first week at home has been to try to eat more meals at home.  To most people, the question, "What do you want for dinner?" elicits the answer of a specific food or meal.  To us, it meant Taco Casa, Wings, La Gran, etc.  Earlier in the Spring, I had signed up for the online service E-Mealz but I had never actually used it.  This week we actually planned our meals for the week, shopped for said meals at one time and have pretty much stuck to the plan.

You can choose a plan based on number of people in your family, the store at which you want to shop and specific dietary benefits.  I am on the Publix - 2 person plan.  You print out a menu, shopping list and then a hint of coupons you can use.  The meals are planned based on what is on sale at that store during that week.

So far, we have had Taco Cornbread Bake and Creamy Roast with Potatoes and Mushrooms.  I'm often skeptical of recipes because some I've tried have been terrible (BLT Macaroni and Cheese with LOTS of tumeric, anyone?).  However, both of these have recieved a "WOW" from Jeff upon the first bite.  The recipes are very simple, few ingredients, a lot of hands-off time and inexpensive.  This week we have crock pot ribs and philly cheesesteak sandwiches left.  I am now an e-mealz fan. 

Exciting stuff at the 7105 this week, I know. :)  This is me trying to learn to be somewhat domestic.

e.

No comments:

Post a Comment