Sunday, August 11, 2013

There's an App for That

I really do enjoy technology and have had an iPhone pretty much since they came out.  However, I really don't use a ton of apps.  Here are a few I enjoy.

I use YouVersion a lot; I enjoy the ease of finding scripture, the ability to take notes and highlight passages and appreciate the reading plans.  Honestly, we moved here a year ago and I JUST found my bible in a box this past week; therefore, YouVersion has been my primary Bible for the past year.



My Fitness Pal has been helpful as Jeff and I have been working on eating in a more healthy fashion.  I actually prefer the app platform to the website platform.  It has an accountability facet, but I haven't really used it.  If you want to friend me, my username is ellenwmorris.  
I use Twitter, Facebook and am trying to get into Instagram; I just use the apps for each of those sites.  Jeff and I have also said we really look like fatties because we pretty much have every fast food restaurant's app on our phones.  It is extremely helpful for knowing what you're putting in your body, though.  I also have apps on my phone for many stores where I enjoy shopping.  My favorite is probably Hobby Lobby with their handy-dandy 40% off coupon.  


My school is amazing for numerous reasons, but I especially love the fact that our Principal has prioritized education.  Our students have the opportunity to use iPads daily.  Some apps I enjoy using for school are Class Dojo (you can take attendance, monitor positive and negative attendance and it is very user friendly for the kids), Red Laser (I use an online QR code generator and the kids use Red Laser to scan the codes for information, websites or data), Stick Pick (a technological version of equity sticks), Near Pod (the teacher can control all of the iPads in the room to present information, websites, videos and quizzes from a computer), and BrainPop (great educational videos on numerous subjects).  I am so thankful our kids have regular access to such great resources! 
Stick Pick
Brain Pop

What are some of your must have apps?

No comments:

Post a Comment