Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life as We Know It

Wow, what a month!

School has started.  I am loving my little (seriously, only 16 kids right now!) class.  I figured out recently that, other than my years as math coach, this is the first time I've taught the same grade in the same room in the same school two years in a row.  It's been nice to get back in gear.


My Door Sign for School

After a year of grief, anger, confusion, etc., I think we are finally (hopefully) coming back to life.  We began attending Fellowship Bible Church in Benton during the summer.  Jeff has started helping with the youth and I have started teaching 3rd and 4th graders.  Finding a church has been an adjustment and probably will continue to be.  We joke, though fairly seriously, that Safe Haven ruined us.  

Jeff has also begun volunteering with The CALL to help families and DCFS transport children to appointments and visits.  Other than our trip to St. Louis, Jeff hasn't been much north of Little Rock (when traveling in Arkansas), but he's making a splash this week.  His first two appointments are to drive a child to Jonesboro tonight and then to Fayetteville tomorrow.  Talk about seeing the state!  

As a side note, we would appreciate your prayers for this ministry.  Please pray for the children, for Jeff and the other volunteers, for protection over vehicles and protection while driving children, and just for it to be a good thing, in general.  

I am taking two grad classes during this seven week session.  The work isn't THAT bad, but it's really hard for me to manage everything and keep it all straight.  After this, though, I have one class from October - December and then two portfolio/lab classes.  I can not wait to be finished.  


Oscar Helping Me Complete Grad School Assignments

After a year of not much, I finally had to get a family calendar to keep everything straight.  Whew!  (I know, all of you with a million obligations and/or children are rolling your eyes at me right now). We are exhausted, but grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment